Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Change can happen....NOW.

Sometimes you just need to know that you are needed. Not that I don't feel this currently, but it's on my mind quite a bit lately. I have a great job, and an AMAZING wife, and I live in a beautiful home with cute doxie pups, and I have NOTHING to complain about (right now..) but I have been sort of sensitive to how everyone needs to know that what they do is meaningful.

I am the worst person to be writing this, as I probably don't say it enough to others. But how many people in your life make a difference? Tons, I imagine. Who was the last person you told? So, in order for me to feel right about all of this, Let's start a chain of "THANKS" and "YOU ARE A MAJOR PORTION OF MY LIFE" to everyone on our facebooks, twitters, emails, REAL LIFE encounters for the next week. Let's see what happens when people start making OTHERS feel needed and important. I am sure that as we make other lives more meaningful and full of hope and joy, our lives will as well.

Everyone who reads this....you make me feel needed. I try really hard to not focus on the crap that I REALLY want to dish here, but focus on something positive, and good. It's not easy, but because I don't want to bring you down...it brings me up. So, THANKS. You make me focus on what is great in my life, and what I can do to make the world better.

Isn't there a Michael Jackson song about this???

Too soon?

11 comments:

Birdy said...

You're cool. And I will ALWAYS be grateful for you, beCAUSE of "Uh-oh. Trouble!" That makes me happy all of my days! :)

Unknown said...

You are needed. I need you. You and Jan have influenced my life for the greater good and I am indebted to that. You are such a strong example to me of fortitude, kindness, and laughter. Thank you.

Hayley Winslow said...

That was awesome. It made me think about all the things I complain about that realy aren't worth the brain power. You are a great person and I am glad to know you too!

Sarah Shelley said...

Well said friend! I love you and appreciate that post. I will endeavor to take your challenge and "spread the love." Love you!!!

AngiGrrrl said...

Aww. Thanks for brightening my day.

Glenda said...

What a great blog post :) I agree 100%, and think that the world would be a better place if we put our positive energy out there. Thank you for all of your positive energy and action!

Unknown said...

You, sir, couldn't possibly fathom how much you and Jan have influenced my life and my family. We love you so much! That's a wonderful challenge you put out there! I CANNOT wait to see you in October! Love and puppies!

Unknown said...

(in a whisper) Make that change...

Amylee said...

This one time at SUU you told me that I was, quote "F-word talented". You said this after a professor who will remain unnamed told me that I was a waste because I marrie young. Your words kept me up at a very difficult and dark time in my life. I will forever love you because I can't help but smile when I think of Andy. You are the greatest. I'm going to do what you say and make sure the people in my life know this.

Granny Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny Wendy said...

Andy, you've been making a difference in people's lives for as long as I've known you. Tons of love from all the Kannos and Davises!